Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My First Emoticons

I remember the first time I saw the smiles in Yahoo Messenger (Y!M). I was fascinated by the funny design. It's incredible how expressive can be such a small square of pixels... I wonder how much work is in such a small and simple icon. About the talent and imagination of the designer (or designers) I have no doubt.

I also remember the time when first hidden emoticons (or special) were launched. How happy I was when I sent the first special smile that none of my friends knew.

You can find now the hidden emoticons at the address: http://messenger.yahoo.com/hiddenemoticons.php

Another funny moment was when I installed some funny and dirty emoticons on my roommate when we were students. It was actually an archive of dirty icons (smiles with dick and other dirty images). I have unpacked that .zip in some Yahoo Messenger folder and those images replaced the regular smilies with the dirty smileys. Every emoticons he saw from that moment was a dirty one :D...

No comments: